Monday, March 10, 2008

woulda-coulda-shoulda

The Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Monster came calling recently.

I would've thought...

I could've done...

I should've said...

Second-guessing. Hurting. Grieving. Asking the "if" question in every way conceivable. Wishing I'd have known or done or been better.

The Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda Monster can beat a guy up. Have you been there? Did he leave a mark? Can you show me the scars?

My shortcomings are long. My fallibilities are infinite. My needs are... do I even know them all?

Lord Jesus, you have promised. I will trust. Lead. I will follow. Speak. I will listen. That Monster represents the past. I'll take those lumps. Learn those lessons. Not miss those steps again. I will walk on, humbled, as your follower. I trust my future to you, Jesus.

No comments: