Monday, March 17, 2008

The Difference

Oh, the difference a week makes. You've heard the cliche.

Is there truth to it?

Last Sunday I committed to give a certain amount of money to my church. Monday I was convicted to give this money to another with a need greater than my own. From the Spirit I heard, "Choose to respond in faith, Aaron, & not by what you think is reasonable." My reasoning can get me in trouble. What did I do last Monday?

I chose faith.

Tuesday a large anonymous gift was given to more-than-cover all my commitment to the church. The graciousness of our God & the loving generosity of others is amazing! Since then God has provided further "evidence" for my ever-reasonable mind to walk by faith & not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

The situation is still tenuous. I still feel some guilty responsibility. Yet I am strengthened in my faith that The One I trust is in absolute control.

On Thursday another guest arrived impolite & certainly without invitation. A dear brother I love & respect received a diagnosis of cancer. How do I respond?

Maybe the answer I need is in a change to the cliche...

Oh, the difference faith makes.

The righteous will live by faith. Galatians 3:11b

No comments: