Thursday, November 12, 2009

Through

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou are with me; thy rod & thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 KJV

Struggling?

Troubled?

Overwhelmed?

Hurting?

Worried?

Stressed?

Brokenhearted?

God's gift to the broken states, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death." Not death, but it's shadow. Not a pit, but a valley. Not staying, but walking. If in despair you have pitched your tent in the valley thinking you'd don't deserve to get through or you are not strong enough to get through or things will never improve to get through, then break camp, pack it in, & hike out of the valley. You can get through. You will get through.

How? So weak. So tired. So depressed. So lonely. So drained.

Stop.

Pray.

Look up.

Ask God to show Himself. Ask again. And again.

Stop.

Listen.

Look around.

God is with you. Always. Take His hand.

Stop.

Ask for a friend.

Take their hand.

Walk through the valley together.

We can make it through. We will make it through. Kindred of the Broken. Walking together. Walking through.

2 comments:

~Amy Jo~ said...

Powerful. And comforting. Thank you.

Lanie said...

I keep trying to handle all of this and I just keep feeling so lonely. I guess I didn't even realize that have not allowed any one to take my hand and walk with me. Thanks Aaron