Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Trouble

(Disclaimers: first, this is an outdoor only activity; second, is an athlete to carry a box of tissues?)

Had a college buddy with an old heather-gray t-shirt picturing a right index finger depressed right nostril football player. Not like Santa "laying his finger aside his nose" gently, but a nose hole pressed shut. One clamped down so the other can inflate a monstrous balloon of... snot. Yes, snot.

The shirt read, "Snot bubble. No trouble." Guy humor.

I'm an exceptionally nasaled fella. I know. Given the need a sufficient clamp & a stout blow makes the method work as advertised on my buddy's tee.

Snot bubble. No trouble. Press & blow.

So here I go... Another morning. Another run. Another nasal need. Another press & blow. A new revelation.

"If we confess our sins he is faithful & just & will forgive our sins & purify us from all unrighteousness," 1 John 1:9 states. An old truth.

Sin stumble. No trouble. Pray & ask.

2 comments:

Andi Hawkins said...

Hahahaha. I thought I was the only one who did that. I call it a "snot rocket". Its the eco-friendly way to dispose of snot. At least that's how I pitch it to my running partner...

Aaron said...

I'd call it a shot-rocket too. But Shane's old shirt was more poetic (& made for a great graphic depiction too).